Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Funkey Dunkey Swatch

Hey everybody! I've decided to do one blog, two swatches, one blog two swatches. So here's the post! I hpe everyone's okay from the hurricane- we came ou unscathed. Hope you enjoy! We're up to the last polish that follows the whole mom gifting story! This is Funkey Dunkey, a purple polish from the Shrek collection released summer 2010. It is a creme finish and amazingly opaque. It like the others in it's collection, are no longer avaliable officially, although I have seen most of the collection (never Rumple's Wiggin or What's With the Cattitude?) at Ulta's all the time. Even if your Ulta or beauty supplier doesn't have these polishes, they are easy to find on Amazon, ebay and other beauty related webstores.

This photo is relatively true to the actually color. It however is making it seem much more blue base than it actually is (purple's are either pink, yellow or blue based). This is definitely a yellow based purple that is leaning towards the plum end of the spectrum. It is one of the most opaque nail polishes I have ever used. Granted, I do use pretty heavy coats but still..... One coat gave me full opacity and it does chip a little easier than others in this collection, it still lasts for at least 2-3 days.


This is one of the better swatches, even though I'm sure we can all agree is still kinda awful. (note- I have short and stubby nails so even when swatch quality is better, you are rarely if ever going to see the beautiful long, even nails you see on other, more professional blogs/sites) This is true to the actual color. However this was taken using flash and in natural lighting this does seem to be quite a bit darker until you step into good lighting. If you have any questions about this nail polish or anything else nail related, feel free to email me at sierraheartspolish@gmail.com or leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment